DIY Making Homemade Enchiladas With Rosie :
Making Homemade Enchiladas with our friend, Rosie. The recipe is below. This recipe is also found in my new cookbook “Recipes from around the world” which will be available for purchase soon.
1 (12 oz) can Hunt’s tomatoes paste
1 (lb 13 oz) Hunts tomato sauce
3 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp salt and chili red powder
6 cans of water (13 oz)
2 pound hamburger meat
30 (1 pack) corn tortilla small
1 (4 pound) American cheese
2 big onions
3 cups Canola oil
1. Mix first 5 ingredients for sauce in pan and let it cook and simmer on medium heat for 2hr. and then
low heat 2hr. set aside
2. 2 pound hamburger meat cook in pan for 25 min., set aside
3. Shred the American cheese
4. cut the onions in small pieces
5. mix meat, cheese and onions in bowl
6. heat canola oil in pan and turn tortillas for 10 sec. each side
7. place on household paper, add filling and roll tortilla.
8. Add a lot 2 cups of sauce or everything is covered and add cheese on top until well covered. On 500 F
for 15 minutes. Makes 30 tortillas and you can freeze the leftovers.
Ideal for a social gathering of family and friends to enjoy the table! You can serve salad
and/or rice with it! Enjoy!